Source: Home Cooking with Sonya(with slight variations to suit us)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 200 deg celsius.
- Grease a muffin tray or use cupcake liners as I have did.
- In a small bowl beat milk, oil and egg. Stir in diced apples.
- In a larger bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well and stir it until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and carefully pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Stir slowly just until flour is moistened and mixed well. Batter will be lumpy, but that's okay(Thank goodness Sonya mentioned it, otherwise I would have worried about it).
- Pour the batter into the cups until 2/3rd full. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for a minute and then remove from pan and let it cool on a wire rack.