I do not know if the season of advent stresses you out, but it does to me. So much to do, so little time. I am kind of waiting to tick of all the jobs on my to do list. These were the next batch of cookies I made last week. Husband loved them, the kids were kind of neutral, maybe because they preferred the Zimtsterne and butter cookies to these. I will be baking more of them the following week.
- 100 g brown sugar
- 70 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 gm finely chopped cashew nuts
- 70 g all purpose flour sieved
- 100 g finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- Beat well the sugar and butter together.
- Add the yolks of the egg one at a time and continue beating.
- Add the finely chopped cashew nuts, candied ginger, flour, and ginger powder.
- Knead together to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap in a cling foil film and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 170 C
- Form small sized balls(roughly a medium sized marble), flatten them slightly to look like above and place them in neat rows on the tray.
- Place a cashew nut on each of the cookie.
- Bake the cookies for around 10 to 12 minutes till they are golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove them and let them cool well. Store in an air tight jar.
- When you remove the cookies out, they will feel soft. They are supposed to be that way. As they cool, they get hard.
- The above batch makes about 50 cookies.