- 1 kilogram pork cut into cubes
- 5 big onions(cubed)
- 2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 pod garlic peeled and halved
- 5-6 green chillies slit
- marble sized tamarind
- 4 cloves and cinnamon sticks each
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp bafat powder( can increase the quantity depending on tolerance to spice)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- Wash the pork pieces, drain well and keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in 3 tbsps water.
- In a big vessel, mix the pieces of pork with the onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies, spices, bafat powder, tamarind water, and salt.
- Cook on a low flame for an hour, stirring at repeated intervals.
- When almost done add the vinegar and mix well.
- Serve hot with sannas, appams or a bowl of hot rice.