Garlic Bread, the children's favorite. So also the place which serves it...PIZZA HUT!!!! This would always be on our menu whenever we visited Pizza Hut in India. The major cities in Germany do have these joints, but not our little villages. Whenever we have had the opportunity, we have visited Pizza Hut at Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Garmisch Partenkirchen. Last month I thought that maybe I should try making some myself since the kids are very fond of it. I found a very easy recipe and here it goes.
You need :
- 1 baguette (its a long thin loaf of French bread)
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 200 gms butter
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius
- Mix in the butter, garlic paste, parsley, salt and pepper(I skipped it) in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the baguette on a chopping board and cut across diagonally, into 2-3 cm slices, without cutting completely through the bread.
- Create a gap between the slices, add a dollop of the garlic butter and smooth it down.
- Finally, spread any remaining butter over the baguette.
- Wrap the baguette in an aluminium foil, making sure you seal the ends well.
- Place the baguette in the centre of the oven and cook it for 10 minutes. Turn it over, cook it for a further 10 minutes and then remove.
- Unwrap the baguette, cut through into slices and serve with minced meat or have it along with a hot soup!!
Note: This also works with slices of bread. I have applied the garlic butter onto slices of bread, toasted it in a toaster and served along with some scrambled eggs!! Tastes heavenly...:)