- half cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple slices drained
- 4 eggs separated
- pinch of salt
- half cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the brown sugar and stir until blended.
- Pour this mixture into a 10 inch diameter baking tray.
- Place the drained pineapple slices on top in one layer and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, 1 tbsp butter until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with salt until stiff. Fold in the sugar, 2 tbsp at a time Fold in the egg yolk mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Fold into the egg mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and smooth level.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- While still hot, place a serving plate on top of the baking tray, bottom side up. Flip cake over. Serve hot or cold.
Final verdict : Anna was surprised to see the gooey texture on top and didn't like the look of it!! For the first time in her life, she refused to eat cake:-( Dad was very happy and loved it!!!