Thursday, April 22, 2010

Strawberries in Wine!!!

I am not doing justice to this blog. I have a backlog of a month's recipes waiting to be written. Thought I would start with this drink which I made for our dinner on Sunday! I know this is strawberry overload...:), but can't help it. Won't say much, will let my pictures do the talking for once!!!!

You need :-

  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 stick cinnamon
  • 2 cups red wine
  • 750 gms strawberries, washed and heads removed


For the sunshine we did not have in winter, I now have an overdose in my Kitchen!!!!!
Red and sweet wine!!
Heat sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup wine to boiling. Boil for 2 minutes.
Place strawberries in medium bowl. Pour remaining one and a half cups wine and the wine mixture over strawberries. 
Love the deep red colour!!! Cover and refrigerate 1-3 hours.
Ladle berries with wine into goblets.
ENJOY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. wow looks super May. Must try. Nice photographs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke Sheryl!!!! Do try it!!! And let me know....

    ReplyDelete