Last month, I saw the pictures of two beautifully decorated cakes made by my friend Sheryl. She also sent me the link to Betty Crockers videos!! which helped her make the cakes. I did view them and thought that I would first try a no frill cake. I just envisioned these strawberries lying on top of a cream laden sponge cake in a neat fashion. I set out on my task and aptly named my cake..... Sheryl inspired Cake!!
For the cake :-
- 4 eggs
- 250 gms flour
- 250 gms sugar
- 200 gms butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the cream :-
- Beat sugar and eggs together till fluffy. Add the butter and continue to beat.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together.
- Add the sieved flour to the egg mixture slowly and keep beating.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease a baking tray, pour the batter into it and bake for approximately 45 minutes or till golden brown and springy to the touch
- When done, let it cool.
- Beat the whipped cream, stabilizer and vanilla sugar together till it doubles in quantity!!
- Spread this cream on top of the cooled cake and refrigerate for an hour.
- Wash and halve the strawberries
- Layer the cake with strawberries and serve. Enjoy!!!