The day I read this recipe on Kim's blog I knew it would be an instant hit with my kids!!! They both love eggs and pulaos or biryanis of any kind. So a combination of egg and pulao would make it easy for me in the kitchen and for them to eat. Also as Kim noted it is easy and fast to prepare. Kim's recipe is meant for two and since I needed servings for four I altered the measurements accordingly. For servings of two head over to Kim's blog, for four proceed as follows....
You need :-
- 8 eggs(boiled)
- 2 cups rice(my cups are huge, more so mugs)
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 and a half lime
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsps oil
Grind to a paste :-
- 2 onions
- 5 green chillies(large)
- 2 " ginger
- 1 pod garlic
- 2 " cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 2 black cardomom
- Boil the eggs, shell and keep.
- Wash rice and soak in water.
- Grind the above ingredients to a paste.
4. In a pressure cooker warm the oil and add the ground paste. Fry well till you get an aroma! (I fried
for 10 - 12 mts).
5. To the fried masala, add the rice, mix well and fry some more.
6. Add 4 cups water, juice of lemon, salt to taste and boiled eggs. Close the cooker and cook till done.
7. Serve with a chilled cucumber or tomato raitha.
Final verdict : As predicted it was an instant hit!!! Thanks to Kim!!! This pulao will be prepared quite often at our home, what about yours???