You need :-
- 250 gms plain flour
- 1 and a half tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 15g/half ounce butter melted
- 300 ml milk
- 1 apple
- Chocolate sauce or maple syrup to serve
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and melted butter. Gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter.
- Peel, core and grate the apple and stir it into the batter.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over medium heat and grease it lightly.
- For each pancake, place about 2 tablespoons of the batter onto the frying pan and spread to make a 3 inch round.
- Cook for a few minutes until you see bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Turn over and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- To serve, stack 3 or 4 pancakes on a serving plate and serve them with chocolate sauce or maple syrup.